Is my guppy pregnant or large?

Discussion in 'Guppy' started by hannahjohnsen07, Jun 23, 2016.

1. hannahjohnsen07

hannahjohnsen07 New Member Member

[​IMG]

Got this guppy free this was when i got her its been a week and a half ish she looks no diffrent, is she pregnant or just a big guppy? Shes quite larger then other guppies

2. K

KayceeElder1121 New Member Member

She is definitely pregnant. I can't estimate how long she is but the gestation time is 26-31 days. About a week before she gives birth she with be "squared", sounds weird but her belly won't be round like she is now she with be more like \___/. Also males with chase her more and the gravid spot (black spot near anal fin) will turn a slight reddish color. Good luck with the fry! I breed mine and I put them in a 10 gallon tank, it helps them grow faster because they can eat food without having to swim away from the adult fish, and they won't get eaten. Again good luck!!!

3. Five 97

Five 97 Well Known Member Member

It most likely is, as most female guppies come pregnant from the store, and pop em' fry in your tank, but you've got some time.

4. OP
    OP
    hannahjohnsen07

hannahjohnsen07 New Member Member

Thank you both! That photo was 2 weeks ago but shes starting to look boxy and definetly the red in the gravid spot

5. Five 97

Five 97 Well Known Member Member

No problem! keep us updated.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice