Is my guppy pregenat??

Sadoun

Reaction score
I bought her 2weeks ago and from two days she is acting strange she is sitting down trying to hide not swimming alot only hiding
So is she pregnant and when so will drop the fry
Pic: imageimageimageimage

Aster

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
She's definitely pregnant, but she doesn't look squared off yet. When guppies are close to giving birth, their birth canal opens behind the gravid spot and gives their stomach a "boxy" look.

Many things can cause strange behavior. Can you give more info on your tank size, stocking, and parameters?

tanksalot

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
The guppy does look pregnant and so if she gives birth in your main tank, your fish will probably try to eat the little guppies but if you give the guppies little decorations for them to hide in, they should be safe.

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
That tank is too small for any of your fish unfortunately. You should rehome them and maybe (depending on the size of the tank) you can get a single betta fish

Aster

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Can we get the dimensions of the tank? From the pic, it looks massively overstocked and I wouldn't be surprised if your ammonia levels were soaring. The fancy (?) goldfish are not compatible size-wise and temperature-wise. They need 20 gallons for one and +10 for each additional. I would return them, or rehome them.

Don't put her in a breeder box, it will only stress her out more. Don't try to save the fry either, because you're overstocked as it is.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom