Is my guppy okay? Im very concerned for her

Ughthisissam

About a week ago we got a pregnant female guppy from petsmart because I didnt want her to birth in that tank because she was ready to pop. She was placed in a birthing box for the night and then she went into labour the next day and had 14 babies within 9 hours. I made sure she was okay and ate and everything. I noticed over the last few days recently shes slowly stopped using her tail to swim and basically refuses to use it, there looks to be something on her tail but I dont really know what it is and tried searching up everything. Shes in a 20 gallon cycled and heated tank, there are 4 male guppies, 1 other female guppy, 1 male molly, 3 female mollies and a mystery snail. They get feed frozen blood worms my blood worms are defrosted and thawed completely always before feeding, as well as fish flakes, and she eats perfectly fine and surfaces fine, just concerned for her tail. It turned pale and looks almost like her scales are scarred but I honestly dont know.

Attachments

• 20211126_122313.jpg
    20211126_122313.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 18

otterblue

Is she being nipped by some of the other fish? Hopefully someone with more expertise will chime in.

Ughthisissam

Is she being nipped by some of the other fish? Hopefully someone with more expertise will chime

Is she being nipped by some of the other fish? Hopefully someone with more expertise will chime in.
No. I thought the same thing at first but it's a perfect shape whatever the spot is and everyone gets along.

Ughthisissam

Maybe it's Columnaris?
I'm thinking so after reading that. Sadly she passed away yesterday but we have her babies so that's an up side to it and I forgot to edit my post (i dont know how to delete or if you can, I'm new lol). I've also read that people have a hard time keeping guppies and they are easily prone to catching diseases, I'm new to owning guppies so its going to be a journey for me. I also recently had Corydora eggs hatch, and have 2 more pregnant fish its baby galore for me currently.

otterblue

Sorry to hear that your fish died, but at least all those fry are a good thing. :)

Random Great Thread!

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom