Question Is my gravel too rough/sharp? (PIC)

TheTankKeeper

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hey, if anyone could tell me whether my gravel is too rough in my 40L aquarium for my bronze(1) and albino(1) corydoras just don't wanna hurt their barbells o_O!

P.S any additional information on looking after male guppys and corydoras would be useful thanks. Also tell me what I could add to my aquarium and photos were uploaded and taken on my phone don't judge =p.

Elodea

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Your gravel looks fine, as long as there aren't any razor sharp edges the cories shouldn't have much of a problem.

iZaO Jnr

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
It will be fine with older, bigger cories, if they are still quite young then they are more likely to have them damaged.

IMO, just keep an eye on them, this issue isn't usually a biggie. Likely, they will be fine!

OP
T

TheTankKeeper

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thanks guys and btw the gravel isn't sharp and their less than pea-size so hopefully they will be good one of the corys is missing a barbell on one side before I put it into my tank am I right by saying they grow back in like 2 months?

And can any of yous link me to a small cave ornament that is cheap or something for them to hide in as I heard they need a dark hiding place o_O.

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good morning and Welcome to Fish Lore!

If you will do a Search Fish Lore for Barbel Erosion you will find more information. The Search Fish Lore is located right above post #1, left hand side.

Best wishes for your fish.

Ken

New Threads