Is my girl okay? Not sure if this is normal

FishyJimbo

I noticed this black line/tube thing on my girl today that looks like it’s inside of her but outside of the stomach. It’s not parasites is it? Hard to get on camera. She’s been acting normally, swimming with her mate and eating fine

Attachments

• 56A8CAA0-0737-452D-8F40-0A6248E67E00.jpeg
    56A8CAA0-0737-452D-8F40-0A6248E67E00.jpeg
    151.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 64D9EB19-0905-4496-BE3D-7F97C4ABFBA5.jpeg
    64D9EB19-0905-4496-BE3D-7F97C4ABFBA5.jpeg
    212.9 KB · Views: 20

xWarrior15

That's what I noticed on my male ram weeks ago before he rapidly lost weight. I just opened a new thread about it. I think your girl might have some parasite too, so it would be good to treat her, though so far I've been unsuccessful. I've tried almost all Esha parasite products and so far my male is losing the game :(
I found photos of my male ram when this appeared a few weeks ago. I think it might be the same?

20220621_182447.jpg

Attachments

• 20220806_193456.jpg
    20220806_193456.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 8

FishyJimbo

It’s kind of hard to see in your pictures, but I hope your ram gets better soon! Mine has been completely normal, eating fine, no weight loss and even laid a batch of eggs! I did treat the tank with vetark fluke solve and de wormer just in case (I actually mixed this in a small cup with some fish food and let it soak in them fed them so it would go right to the problem if there was any). The black mark is still there but it’s the only symptom she has so for now I’m not too worried

xWarrior15

It’s kind of hard to see in your pictures, but I hope your ram gets better soon! Mine has been completely normal, eating fine, no weight loss and even laid a batch of eggs! I did treat the tank with vetark fluke solve and de wormer just in case (I actually mixed this in a small cup with some fish food and let it soak in them fed them so it would go right to the problem if there was any). The black mark is still there but it’s the only symptom she has so for now I’m not too worried
Thank you for your reply. I tried doing it this way and even added garlic, but my ram is spitting food like he knows it's medicated xD how much medicine did you use though? because usually it says x amount on day 1, day 2, day 3, etc., and I am always unsure about how much should I mix since they'll directly ingest it.

My ram is still holding on for now, tomorrow I'll continue with dewormer (Esha ndx) and then tapeworm/flukes medicine (Esha Gdex) and we'll see if he pulls through. He's very emaciated though, but a good thing is he ate with more appetite today. This photo above is from a few week ago, like I said.

FishyJimbo

Yeah I saw your other post, he really doesn’t look too well poor little guy.
So I did one dose and have to dose again in a couple weeks as the meds don’t kill any worm eggs so have to dose again in case there were eggs and they hatched. I hope your ram pulls through, I think a lot of rams are just badly bred and are prone to these issues

Carmen79

Just a quick check, do you know your water parameters?
They need more acidic water, maximum 7.4 PH for exmaple, and soft temperatures, like maximum 26 c°..

FishyJimbo

I know all of my parameters and they’re balanced enough for rams. My PH is around 7.8/8.0 but rams are known to tolerate up to 8.2+, it’s more to do with the water softness which mine is well within the maximum ppm. Temperature wise they actually prefer closer to 30c which is well documented, not sure what your experience of keeping them at cooler temperatures is but they really are meant to be kept in the 27-30c range

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
ghostdawg
Replies
Views
angelcraze
Replies
Views
Jayda97
Replies