Is my fry growing at a normal rate? Question

Discussion in 'Molly' started by fishlover25, Jul 20, 2014.

1. fishlover25Valued MemberMember

I picked up a Ballon molly fry from my lfs sometime in May. By now the fry is at least 3 months old. Is this a good size for it's age? imageimageimageimageimage

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2018
  2. Junne

JunneFishlore LegendMember

Its hard to judge from a picture. To gauge the size, a grain of rice ( average ) is about 5mm long. So based on that, you big would you say?

What are you feeding your fry? Is it active?

3. OP
    OP
    f

fishlover25Valued MemberMember

It's maybe 1 1/2 to 2 grains long. It is active. I feed it Hikari first bites and sometimes crushed omega one flakes

4. Junne

Every fry grows at a different rate but it sounds like you are feeding with fry food, etc. :)
    As long as you see some growth, I wouldn't be too concerned.

5. OP
    OP
    f

Thanks. Is two grains long a "normal" growth though?

6. OP
    OP
    f

Anyone?

7. Junne

Sorry, I thought I answered your question. That's a very tough question because EVERY fry grows at a different rate. Do you notice any growth at all since its been born? Is it eating okay?

Maybe someone else will have more of a definitive answer. Good luck

8. OP
    OP
    f

I know it varies but there is a general normal of growth rate, kind of like a human baby should be a certain length to be "normal". I just want to know if I'm on the right track but yes It has grown

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice