Help Is my fish sleeping or dying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

curiousfish

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
My guppy is acting really strange! Just today I noticed my male guppy going into the fake log that I have in the tank and laying down on his side on the bottom of the log. I was so afraid he was dying, but when I opened the hood, he came swimming out quickly and started acting like he normally does when he is excited about getting food. He has been doing this all day. Every time I open the tank he acts fine but then he goes back and lays down inside the log. I am worried about him.

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
guppies dont usually go down and hang out at the bottom.....unless its a female whose getting ready to spawn that is..whats your latest readings for ammonia/nitrites/nitrates? what test kit are you using? ..im only speaking from my own and hope things are ok with yours!! whenever in doubt, a small water change with your prime always helps

curiousfish

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I just bought a test kit today and so I'm trying to figure out how it works. It is a Tetra Laborett master test kit. I will try to get a reading and post it soon. I did just do a water change yesterday (Feb. 18). I wonder if that might have something to do with it because he just started doing this today. I got carried away and did a 50% water change instead of the recommended 25%. Could that have influenced things?

jdhef

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The 50% water change should be fine. I do a 45% water change in my 36 gallon every week. The only things that can generally go wrong with a water change is forgetting to add water conditioner, or if for some reason your tank water and tap water have a very different ph.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom