Is My Fish Gasping?

Jellibeen

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I feel silly for asking, but the past few months have been such a whirlwind of tank problems that i am not even sure.

Quick summary:
Got 3 apistos who i later discovered to have camallanus worms. Treated for worms. A month or so after second treatment, two out of three are dead. Both were gasping. I treated the more recent one for a bacterial infection since that can be an effect of having a body full of dead worms.

So, is my one remaining apisto gasping or breathing normally? I attached a video.

edit: he is otherwise acting completely normal, which is adding to my confusion. I don't want to treat if nothing is wrong and i don't want to let it get worse and worse like it did for my other fish.

Jellibeen

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
It's not a sudden onset. He's been breathing like this for awhile, i think after the second Levamisole treatment. I don't know if i am over-analyzing since i have been trying so hard to save my fish. It doesn't seem to always be this bad, either.

Jellibeen

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Ammonia: 0
nitrite: 0
nitrate: 5
temp: has been fluctuating between 76-80
pH: 6.8

I do 5-10 gallon water changes every one to two days. It is a 29 gallon tank.

If the breathing doesn’t look alarming, then i think he is okay. I’m babying him since his buddies all died.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom