Is My Fish Food Any Good? Help

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by rleblanc19, Apr 22, 2018.

1. rleblanc19New MemberMember

Hi, so I'm reading about how fillers are terrible for your fish, and they shouldn't be in fish food, but I'm just stupid, so can anyone tell me if my fish food is any good?
    For my Tropical Community tank, I'm using Omega One Natural Protein Formula for all tropical fish
    Ingredients:
    Whole Salmon, halibut, Black Cod, Whole Herring, whole shrimp, whole krill, wheat flour, wheat gluten, fresh kelp, lecithin, astaxanthin, L-ascorbyl,-2-Phosphate ( source of vitamin C), Natural and artificial colors, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E supplement, B12 Supplement, Riboflavin, Niacin, Pantothenic acid, folic acid, biotin, inositol, tocopherol, ethoxyquin.

For my Bettas I'm using Top Fin Betta Bits
    Fish Meal, Shrimp Meal, Soybean Meal, Wheat meal, fish oil, squid meal, brewers dried yeast, calcium propionate, rice bran, dried aspergillus niger fermentation product, garlic, brine shrimp, canthaxathin, red algae, spirulina, choline chloride, and some more vitamins and things i can't pronounce.

2. 75g Discus Tank

75g Discus TankFishlore VIPMember

Omega One is a high-quality food company. Top Fin food isn't that good.

Could you try to feed your betta the Omega One?

3. SixThreeOh

SixThreeOhWell Known MemberMember

The Omega one is good. I feed it to my bettas along with some frozen shrimp.

4. OP
    OP
    r

rleblanc19New MemberMember

I'm planning on getting some more food for the tropical, since I'm almost all out. I'm going to beg my dad to get me some omega one betta food, and do you think I should feed them flakes or pellets? I only ask because I have two females together, and they don't nip or fight , but one of them is usually at the bottom of the tank, and I haven't seen her eat, but she must be, considering she's alive.

5. _IceFyre_

_IceFyre_Well Known MemberMember

Anything with whole fish as the first few ingredients is generally good. The word meal often implies byproducts that were deemed not suitable for human consumption and lower quality overall.

6. OP
    OP
    r

rleblanc19New MemberMember

Oh , I didn't know that. Alright, I'll definitely try to stray away from that

7. 75g Discus Tank

75g Discus TankFishlore VIPMember

You don’t need to feed you’re betta “Betta Pellets”.

Just feed your betta the Omega One pellets you already have.

Also, bettas eat pellets better than flakes.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice