Is My Dojo Loach Sick Or What? Help

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by TheDojoMojo, Aug 4, 2019.

1. TheDojoMojo

TheDojoMojoNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +6
    Experience:
    4 years
    Hey guys so I have some golden dojo loaches and one of them seems to have a problem so I copied this template. All help you guys can give is appreciated.

Tank

What is the water volume of the tank? 55 Gal
    How long has the tank been running? 4-ish years
    Does it have a filter? yes- a fluval 306 canister filter
    Does it have a heater? yes
    What is the water temperature? 73-74
    What is the entire stocking of this tank? (Please list all fish and inverts.). 5 boesmani rainbowfish, 3 honey gourami, 4 sparkling gourami, 6 otocinclus, 4 kribensis, 2 golden dojo loaches

Maintenance
    How often do you change the water? weekly, on Sundays
    How much of the water do you change? 30%
    What do you use to treat your water? seachem prime
    Do you vacuum the substrate or just the water? I vac half of the gravel every 2 weeks

*Parameters - Very Important
    Did you cycle your tank before adding fish? yes
    What do you use to test the water? api master test kit
    What are your parameters? We need to know the exact numbers, not just “fine” or “safe”.

Ammonia: 0.1 ppm
    Nitrite: 0.0 ppm
    Nitrate: 50 ppm (I know its kinda high because I accidentally over dosed my ferts)
    pH: 7.5

Feeding
    How often do you feed your fish? daily
    How much do you feed your fish? about as much as they finish within 5-10 mins
    What brand of food do you feed your fish? it varies
    Do you feed frozen or freeze-dried foods? freeze dried

Illness & Symptoms
    How long have you had this fish? 2-3 years I am not quite sure
    How long ago did you first notice these symptoms? a few days ago
    In a few words, can you explain the symptoms? bubble-like bumps along the inside of the skin of this dojo loach. They seem to look kind of like blisters a bit but they are not sores and are on the inside of the skin. A few are large while there are other small ones more numerously. It appeared to get worse daily. there seems to be no behavioral symptoms.
    Have you started any treatment for the illness? no
    Was your fish physically ill or injured upon purchase? not that I ever knew of. it was a long time ago.
    How has its behavior and appearance changed, if at all? behavior has not changed but appearance is only different based on the bumps.

Explain your emergency situation in detail. (Please give a clear explanation of what is going on, include details from the beginning of the illness leading up to now).

Okay so I have had these dojo loaches for a while now and they are now about 6 inches long and one of them, as I noticed recently, has got these bumps as described above. About a week ago, I noticed that he may have one tiny tiny little bump on the top of him but I dismissed it as it could have been anything. but now in the past couple days I see that there are others and some are quite large now. The behavior has not changed and the other loach seems fine. I do not know what to do or if I should dose any meds for this. They almost look like bubbles and they don't seem stiff. Note that it is not external. I have never encountered this and have no clue what to do. Please help! I will try and work on uploading a picture if I can.

2. Coradee

CoradeeModeratorModerator Member

Ratings:
    +3,992
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    Giving this a bump up for you hope you get some responses today, any luck with getting a pic?

3. OP
    OP
    TheDojoMojo

TheDojoMojoNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +6
    Experience:
    4 years
    72BA18FE-B501-4BDB-B3F5-11036419AEE7.C4D930DB-1047-4ADB-AB67-79B56A99B4D7.
    the camera couldn’t pick up the bumps as well as in person but you can sort of see them if you look closely especially in the second pic and there is one of the larger ones in the middle of his side