Question Is My Cory A Julii's False Spotted?

IchthyPen

Reaction score
This is an old photo of the cory in question. When I got this cory I was told it was a julii's false spotted but I see pictures of the species and it places a seed of doubt in what I was told the cory was. She/he (I don't know) is with panda corys. The pandas are about 2/3 her size.
Sorry if the photo doesn't show up and if it doesn't, how do you have a picture displayed in a post?

OP
IchthyPen

IchthyPen

Reaction score
Donthemon said:
False julI has more line like markings
My cory has more spots and connected spots than line like markings so if not a false julii, what is she?

Coptapia

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Trilineatus. JuliI has tiny dots on the head, no vermiculations (dots joined together).

OP
IchthyPen

IchthyPen

Reaction score
DoubleDutch said:
Like the others say. C.trilineatus
Thank you for confirming. It was quite interesting to look up different kinds, especially Julii's and C. trilineatus to figure out if my cory was what she was said to be.

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
IchthyPen said:
Thank you for confirming. It was quite interesting to look up different kinds, especially Julii's and C. trilineatus to figure out if my cory was what she was said to be.
It is indeed quite interesting: Have a look at others that are sometimes sold as those : C.leopardus, C102, C.gomezi.

Coptapia

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Howlingwolf70 said:
Was wondering the same with the 4 I have just purchased
Pretty much all Corys sold as juliI are C. trilineatus. True juliI are rare in the trade and would be much more expensive.

Howlingwolf70

Reaction score
DoubleDutch said:
Agree. Those are C.trilineatus
Cheers for the response guys I thought as much great little fish though having a blast cruising around the bottom of my 40 gallon .

New Threads