Is my cardinal tetra fish getting old

FishOverseer909
So I have a small school of cardinal tetras and I've noticed that my oldest one who I've had since I first started the hobby which was 5 years ago is starting to lose the color in his once thick red and bright blue stripe is he starting to pass or what?

Advertisement
BigManAquatics
Maybe not starting to pass exactly, but a lot of fish do tend to fade when they get older.

Advertisement
LowConductivity
Yep. Not out of the game, but definitely being handed their hats. I’ve got a group about the same age, with similar “symptoms”. But heck, 5 years for a cardinal has to be close to 280 in human years

Toothless17
Yep. Not out of the game, but definitely being handed their hats. I’ve got a group about the same age, with similar “symptoms”. But heck, 5 years for a cardinal has to be close to 280 in human years
Interesting. My Cardinals are about 3 years old & they are now starting to pass away. My Glowlights & Rummy Noses are about the same age - in the same tank - and they are still all alive & kicking.

DoubleDutch
I think it is on its end.

Hellfishguy
Cardinals live only about a year in the wild; they considered annual fish like certain species of killies.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
jake37
Replies
Views
TexasDomer
Replies
Views
Silverleaf209
Replies