Is my betta permanently blind in one eye?

YewBush
My betta had Popeye in one eye about a week ago, and her eye is back to it’s normal size but it’s still white. She does not seem to be able to see through it. There is one other fish in the tank, a Cory catfish, who she bites occasionally. There is also one snail. I used BettaFix to treat the Popeye. Is Coral permanently blind in that eye now, or is there something I can do?
image.jpg

Advertisement
MrBryan723
Reptiles have pretty great regenerative properties so I'll give it a solid maybe? Looks like a cataract that may or may not fall off in time.

Advertisement
Blueberrybetta
Are you doing daily water changes to help him heal? Please dont use Bettafix/Melafix as both are just basic esstential oils that damage their labyrinth organ. I would add some Indian Almond Leaves and Roobios Tea to tint the water and release Tannin to help his eye and promote new growth. Water changes every other day or 2 days will be best to help him heal and see if it flakes off .

AquaticQueen
Looks like your betta has diamond eye. It's were the scales grow over the eye. I agree with Blueberrybetta, do some water changes and add the leaves and see what happens, but in this case, I am not convinced she will get better. She could be permanently blind

YewBush
Thank you for so much helping out! I’ll do some water changes and add the leaves and see what happens.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
FishRule4208
Replies
Views
DIYbetta
Replies
Views
Rtessy
Replies
Views