Is my betta male or female?

Pkr

Hi everyone!!
So i got what my lfs said was a 'female betta' from a sorority tank (thankfully i didnt get a few more to try and make my own sorority) when she/he still super tiny.. im beginning to wonder if the betta is now a boy as it grows.. super agressive in my community tank of neons and danios as well. So confused let me know what you guys think? Thanks a ton!

Attachments

• IMG_20210227_134845.jpg
    IMG_20210227_134845.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_20210227_134840__01__01__01.jpg
    IMG_20210227_134840__01__01__01.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 48

DerekO24

Male... actually, Idk sorry. Could be female. Real good looking female if it is

Upvote 0

Pkr

Male... actually, Idk sorry. Could be female. Real good looking female if it is
Haha thankyou! Gosh im trying to get to the bottom of this!

Upvote 0

Bettamay

Looks male to me. If it’s a female, that would be the best female I’ll ever see.

Upvote 0

AngelicDaydreams

Almost definitely a male! The long ventral fins are the main thing that make me think so, but the longer analfin is an indicator as well (at least relative to female halfmoons I’ve seen). Also, while it’s not certain that every betta with an “egg spot” is actually a female as opposed to a juvenile male, this little guy doesn’t seem to have an egg spot/ovipositor, which as far as I know should be present on every female.

Upvote 0

betta06

it looks like a gorgeous male to me!

Upvote 0

Pkr

Almost definitely a male! The long ventral fins are the main thing that make me think so, but the longer analfin is an indicator as well (at least relative to female halfmoons I’ve seen). Also, while it’s not certain that every betta with an “egg spot” is actually a female as opposed to a juvenile male, this little guy doesn’t seem to have an egg spot/ovipositor, which as far as I know should be present on every female.
Thankyou!

Upvote 0

Random Great Thread!

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom