Is My Betta Fish Looking Alright?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay Chen

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I want to know if my lil sapphire is looking normal for a veil tail betta. I just got him yesterday and he is in their with a few snails in a 10 gallon.
20180424_211446.jpg
20180424_211502.jpg
20180424_211524.jpg

Jay Chen

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Do you know your tank parameters? He looks to have a bit of bloat, what have you been feeding him? His eye’s are a bit bulging, I hate to be a bother can you get an top view looking down into the tank.
Was very hard to take since I have salvinia in the tank and he kept on hiding but here it is. I got him yesterday so I only feed him some flake food yesterday day and today tried to feed freeze dried bloodworms but they were too big so I gave him a pinch of freeze dried brine shrimp.
20180424_214514.jpg

Skye_marilyn

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Was very hard to take since I have salvinia in the tank and he kept on hiding but here it is. I got him yesterday so I only feed him some flake food yesterday day and today tried to feed freeze dried bloodworms but they were too big so I gave him a pinch of freeze dried brine shrimp.
View attachment 432426
Everything looks to be fine, nothing serious but I must inform you he is quite bloated. If you are feeding freeze dried I strongly recommend soaking the food for 2-4 minutes and squeezing out any air before feeding. For now I’d fast him a day then offer a small price of a deshelled pea squished up with some soaked food. Repeat the deshelled pea method until you see that he has passed something greenish and he should no longer be bloated and you should taper the pea feeding to as much as once per week or as little as once per month. Some people choose to fast their betta once per week to allow the digestive tract to fully digest food from the previous few days. Going forward I’d look into some food that is higher in fiber.

Jay Chen

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Everything looks to be fine, nothing serious but I must inform you he is quite bloated. If you are feeding freeze dried I strongly recommend soaking the food for 2-4 minutes and squeezing out any air before feeding. For now I’d fast him a day then offer a small price of a deshelled pea squished up with some soaked food. Repeat the deshelled pea method until you see that he has passed something greenish and he should no longer be bloated and you should taper the pea feeding to as much as once per week or as little as once per month. Some people choose to fast their betta once per week to allow the digestive tract to fully digest food from the previous few days. Going forward I’d look into some food that is higher in fiber.
Ok, thank you very much for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom