Is my Betta bloated?

BenjiBear

Quick simple question, here's the best pic I can get;

20210324_143433.jpg

I feed him a varied diet of bloodworm/brine shrimp/flake or bug bites/pellets throught the week and i do small amounts 2 times a day. He's about 4/5 months old. I just wanted to check before I fed him today, he looked a little bigger than usual and I've never had to deal with a bloated betta so I'm overall not sure!

Thanks!

darkcat

His belly is a bit big... Don't feed him for about 1-3 days. Also check your water parameters too.

BigManAquatics

Looks like he might be a bit bloated. Fasting him for a few days should take care of it. I would maybe feed him some frozen daphnia if it doesn't go down after 3 days or so, in case he constipated. The daphnia works as a good laxative.

BenjiBear

His belly is a bit big... Don't feed him for about 1-3 days. Also check your water parameters too.

Thanks! I ran a quick test and its all where it should be. He's fairly new to me so it could just be him adjusting to the diet, maybe? The guy i bought him from fed a lot of live/frozen foods but im not able to do that at the moment unfortunately :/

Looks like he might be a bit bloated. Fasting him for a few days should take care of it. I would maybe feed him some frozen daphnia if it doesn't go down after 3 days or so, in case he constipated. The daphnia works as a good laxative.

I'll try the 3 days like you both suggested I'm pretty certain I wont be able to get my hands on frozen food as i said so would a tiny bit of pea do the same if need be?

BigManAquatics

Thanks! I ran a quick test and its all where it should be. He's fairly new to me so it could just be him adjusting to the diet, maybe? The guy i bought him from fed a lot of live/frozen foods but im not able to do that at the moment unfortunately :/

I'll try the 3 days like you both suggested I'm pretty certain I wont be able to get my hands on frozen food as i said so would a tiny bit of pea do the same if need be?
Not sure if it is as effective...but worth a try. Getting him to eat it may be the main challenge!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Coradee
Replies
Views
oliviawilliam2017
  • Question
Replies
Views
BenjiBear
Replies