Is my balloon molly pregnant?

Cheeserun

Hi!

New here. Can you tell if my balloon molly is pregnant? I've heard a lot about how to tell if a molly is pregnant but I still want to know if she is just big or pregnant. 3 weeks ago, I separated her from the community tank but still not dropping any fry.

Thanks.

Should I put her in the community tank?

BottomDweller

It's difficult to tell from pictures, especially since balloon mollies are so round already, but if she has been with a male at any point then it's safe to assume she is pregnant.

Are you wanting to save the fry?

Cheeserun

Yes, I would like to keep them. Sorry for the blurred pictures. I actually separated her 3 weeks ago. Until now, she's still not dropping a single fry. Yes, she was with a male. I think her belly is squared off. Don't you think?

BottomDweller

If you want fry to survive then I'd keep her on her own for now.

If she doesn't give birth in the next week or so you may want to change up the tank somehow. Fish sometimes don't give birth if they don't feel comfortable in their tank.

Cheeserun

Wow, thanks! I never thought of that. Hope that works. Appreciate your assistance!

Coradee

Welcome to Fishlore balloon varieties are hard to gauge, for me they are anyways, hopefully our livebearer keepers can take a look for you today.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
JtheFishMan
Replies
Views
chellsxxx
Replies
Views
Sprinkle
Replies
Views