Is my Balloon Molly pregnant? Help

1. Dunnill0816 Initiate Member

I bought 4 small Balloon Molly's just 2 days ago and I'm just wondering is my Dalmatian Molly pregnant or just fat? It's not possible that she could of mated while in the new tank as they are all females but she could of been pregnant when I purchased her. I really do hope not, I wouldn't know what to do! Even though fry are lovely little things my 12 gallon tank is just too small for them, thanks in advance.

[​IMG]

This is her by the way everyone.

2. smee82 Well Known Member Member

Its a little hard to tell with balloon mollies as they are deformed but she looks like she is ready to drop fry in 4 or 5 days to me. If she is with or has been with any males for the last 6 months then she differently is.

3. Dunnill0816 Initiate Member

She has been with males recently in the pet shop I purchased her from I'm afraid. Although she hasn't been hiding and I can't make out a gravent spot near her anal fin like other people have told me to look for, although she has been a bit agreesive towards my other fish I've noticed, thanks for the advice!:)

4. smee82 Well Known Member Member

Honestly ive never seen a gravid spot on over half of my fish so dont worry about that.

5. Dunnill0816 Initiate Member

That's the word 'gravid'. I was only reading up about it yesterday as well!

6. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

She does look almost ready to drop, they can store sperm so even if you have no males she could still drop fry every month for the next few months