Is my balloon belly molly pregnant?

kdwyer

I just bought this balloon belly molly at a pet store yesterday. as I was checking out the lady told me she thinks my molly is pregnant. here is a pic of her. i’m not sure if she is. FA13258E-2CDF-45C3-97C4-33B166F9E791.jpeg

KribensisLover1

Yup imho

kdwyer

do u know how long till it’s going to give birth?

SlvikanAKAMsWorryWart said:

KribensisLover1

kdwyer said:
I think 60 days or less depending on how long. See I got mine and they all got pregnant immediately but they didn’t give birth so I figured they were fat. Then about two months to the day that they got pregnant I had 100 mollies! But I had 4 females. So I only know anecdotally and not in terms of looks so anybody else know how pregnant she might be? Mine looked the same the entire pregnancy just as large as at beginning until the final day when they POPPED. And they had a little string thing near their butt that you can see

kdwyer

SlvikanAKAMsWorryWart said:
I think 60 days or less depending on how long. See I got mine and they all got pregnant immediately but they didn’t give birth so I figured they were fat. Then about two months to the day that they got pregnant I had 100 mollies! But I had 4 females. So I only know anecdotally and not in terms of looks so anybody else know how pregnant she might be? Mine looked the same the entire pregnancy just as large as at beginning until the final day when they POPPED. And they had a little string thing near their butt that you can see
so is mine def pregnant

because it’s also a balloon belly

KribensisLover1

kdwyer said:
so is mine def pregnant

because it’s also a balloon belly
Omg you’re right. FORUM HELP!!!!!

e_watson09

Balloon Mollies IMO are the hardest to really "guess" when they'll deliver. Unfortunately due to their bellies its hard to tell what is just the natural shape of the fish versus baby bump, especially if you didn't have the fish pre-pregnancy to have an idea of size. To me she looks pretty pregnant so my guess would be the next few weeks but hard to say exactly when.

KribensisLover1

e_watson09 said:
Balloon Mollies IMO are the hardest to really "guess" when they'll deliver. Unfortunately due to their bellies its hard to tell what is just the natural shape of the fish versus baby bump, especially if you didn't have the fish pre-pregnancy to have an idea of size. To me she looks pretty pregnant so my guess would be the next few weeks but hard to say exactly when.
Be warned that there will be many! I didn’t know mine were coming and I was away and still got a ton but I had molly yolk sacs all over bottom of the tank. Like if iou picked up this fluffy stuff it smashed automatically and you could see the molly eyes. They were never viable but it was gross.

Top Bottom