Is my Angelfish sick ?

1. AndrewEscude

AndrewEscude Member Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys, this morning i found my smaller angel dead in the hiding spot and the other fish were picking him apart.
    I dont know what happened i just thought it was an aggression problem and others killed him.
    But now i see that my 2 other (white) Angelfish have red stripes all over their body and on their face. I dont know whats happening,this is new they were white with black stripes and they're getting red color. Is it a disease or nothing to worry about??

2. Harlebleondora

Harlebleondora Well Known Member Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Reddening normally has something to do with poor water quality. Could you give us some more information? Tank size, parameters etc. The angels may not have killed him. A lot of fish given the chance will eat the body of a dead fish. Sorry your little angel died. :(

Best of luck with your tank!

3. OP
    OP
    AndrewEscude

AndrewEscude Member Member

Ratings:
    +0
    A day passed and the redness is not there anymore! It's weird. I read somewhere that the redness could be caused by stress. Maybe some of them were fighting. Everything is fine now i hope.
    It also could be water because i changed their water yesterday,but i do same water changes every week and nothing happened.