Is my Angel male?

Discussion in 'Angelfish' started by DualFishTank, Dec 29, 2012.

1. DualFishTank

DualFishTank New Member Member

So is the angel in my avatar a male?

2. c

catsma_97504 Fishlore Legend Member

Welcome to the forum.

While it is possible that is a male angel, we'd need better pictures to make a determination. Can you post side views, including the fins? Or, a short video?

3. OP
    OP
    DualFishTank

The severum and gourami are going into a different tank soon.

4. c

I'd say you have a male; but his fins are in sad shape. Not sure if the others are aggressive towards the angel or not, or if there is disease in the tank.

5. OP
    OP
    DualFishTank

Thank you. I will be removing the severum and gourami tomorrow. How long will it take to know if his fins are in bad shape due to aggression or disease?

6. c

Do a couple extra water changes to keep the tank pristine. You will know in a few days if the fins begin to heal or not.

7. OP
    OP
    DualFishTank

I moved the severum to a 30 gal. tank. The gourami is going the pet store to be traded.

getting more cory catfish.

8. Tonia

Tonia Well Known Member Member

Good luck and best wishes with your lovely boy! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that it's not disease and that the others were just picking on him, so he'll heal up quickly!

9. OP
    OP
    DualFishTank

My angelfish is getting better. It is in the 55 gal. with (1) med angel, (1) gourami and (5) cory cats. The severum is in a tank with (2) cory cats.

10. c

That's good news. Now you know that some of your fish don't play nice with each other.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice