Is my albino Cory obese!?

WagglePets

Ummm so to me it looks like it’s going to explode and I never really noticed how fat it was before. I feel like a bad fish owner if I over fed it on accident I have other albinos that are skinny (not skinny but an ideal weight)
And while the others dart to the top and swim around it just sits there

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 11

JustAFishServant

Could be bloat, full of eggs, egg bound, a swim bladder issue, internal fluid buildup (which can sometimes be seen as dropsy) or over-feeding.
I'll bet it's overfeeding since they look healthy.

Try epsom salt but carefully. Though cories are heavily armored, they can respond differently to remedies and medications.

WagglePets

Could be bloat, full of eggs, egg bound, a swim bladder issue, internal fluid buildup (which can sometimes be seen as dropsy) or over-feeding.
I'll bet it's overfeeding since they look healthy.

Try epsom salt but carefully. Though cories are heavily armored, they can respond differently to remedies and medications.
How much salt to how much water I’m assuming you want me to do a bath in a bucket or something

JustAFishServant

How much salt to how much water I’m assuming you want me to do a bath in a bucket or something
You can do a treatment or a bath. The baths are more aggressive. You can allegedly do 1Tbsp/5 gals or 1tsp/gallon or for 5-15 min or something like that but that sounds excessive. Try less then increase as needed. But remember; too much of anything can be harmful.

WagglePets

You can do a treatment or a bath. The baths are more aggressive. You can allegedly do 1Tbsp/5 gals or 1tsp/gallon or for 5-15 min or something like that but that sounds excessive. Try less then increase as needed. But remember; too much of anything can be harmful.
That was a big help thank you!

PeterFishKeepin

I am almost in the identical situation, ive got albinos and 1 is quite large and kinda fat but i think my BN pleco doesnt always eat his algae wafer and other foods so the corys take advantage and gobble it all up.

WagglePets

I am almost in the identical situation, ive got albinos and 1 is quite large and kinda fat but i think my BN pleco doesnt always eat his algae wafer and other foods so the corys take advantage and gobble it all up.
Exactly my situation haha

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
FancyBubbles
Replies
Views
LDan
  • Question
Replies
Views
Flyfisha