Is my 45 Gallon overstocked?

Fisch

In my opinion you are not overstocked, but what are your water parameters telling you?

FranciscoPagan

Do not think that is overstocked, my preference would a be a bigger filter like the tidal 75, but thats me, I prefer to be on the safer side always with filtration

Fishmanperson

Currently my 45 G is stocked with

- 12 Cardinal Tetras
- 12 Black Neon Tetras
- 8 Endlers
- 8 Otos
- 5 Panda Cories
- 1 Kribensis

I was wondering if I should add additional filtration as I currently have the tidal 55. Thanks.
It's not exactly overstocked but you're gonna have to be a lot more careful for ammonia spikes and just overall do more work.

kribgang808

In my opinion you are not overstocked, but what are your water parameters telling you?
around 20-25 NO3 ppm by the time i do my weekly water change.
Do not think that is overstocked, my preference would a be a bigger filter like the tidal 75, but thats me, I prefer to be on the safer side always with filtration
Would a additional filter help?
It's not exactly overstocked but you're gonna have to be a lot more careful for ammonia spikes and just overall do more work.
Should I do larger weekly water changes? I do 25%-30% right now, should I increase it to like 40%?

Fisch

If you have zero Ammonia and Nitrite, that is good. 20-25ppm of Nitrates, those are the values of my tap water. So I personally would not worry, it sounds like you are in a good range.

Fishmanperson

around 20-25 NO3 ppm by the time i do my weekly water change.

Should I do larger weekly water changes? I do 25%-30% right now, should I increase it to like 40%?
I would personally do 40% but I think 30% is fine

FranciscoPagan

Of course! I actually have 2 filters on my 40g

New Aquarium Stocking Threads

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom