Is My 3g Walstad Shrimp Ready?

Fahn

Heavily planted with only an airstone, has been running for a month and a half. Today is the only water change I've done, I've only been topping off with tap (on a well so no need for conditioner). GH and KH values are high due to topping off.

Ammonia - 0ppm
Nitrites - 0ppm
Nitrates - >5ppm
pH - 7.5
KH - 9 (tap value closer to 6)
GH - 13 (tap value closer to 8)

Do you think it's safe to add shrimp?

BReefer97

Fahn said:
Heavily planted with only an airstone, has been running for a month and a half. Today is the only water change I've done, I've only been topping off with tap (on a well so no need for conditioner). GH and KH values are high due to topping off.

Ammonia - 0ppm
Nitrites - 0ppm
Nitrates - >5ppm
pH - 7.5
KH - 9 (tap value closer to 6)
GH - 13 (tap value closer to 8)

Do you think it's safe to add shrimp?
I would honestly give it another month or so before adding anything to make sure the parameters stay where they’re at. Sometimes you may experience a “false cycle” where it’ll appear to be okay for a while, and then crash with no apparent change. Since the walstad method is so complicated, I would say stay on the safe side and monitor the parameters just a bit longer and if everything stays stable, shrimp it up!!

Fahn

BReefer97 said:
I would honestly give it another month or so before adding anything to make sure the parameters stay where they’re at. Sometimes you may experience a “false cycle” where it’ll appear to be okay for a while, and then crash with no apparent change. Since the walstad method is so complicated, I would say stay on the safe side and monitor the parameters just a bit longer and if everything stays stable, shrimp it up!!
Alright, I figured sometime mid May it will be ready. I just added a ton more plants to it as well, I wanna make sure it is as safe and well planted as possible.

Dakotablue

Looking good so far!

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom