Is My 3g Walstad Shrimp Ready?

Fahn

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Heavily planted with only an airstone, has been running for a month and a half. Today is the only water change I've done, I've only been topping off with tap (on a well so no need for conditioner). GH and KH values are high due to topping off.

Ammonia - 0ppm
Nitrites - 0ppm
Nitrates - >5ppm
pH - 7.5
KH - 9 (tap value closer to 6)
GH - 13 (tap value closer to 8)

Do you think it's safe to add shrimp?

BReefer97

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Heavily planted with only an airstone, has been running for a month and a half. Today is the only water change I've done, I've only been topping off with tap (on a well so no need for conditioner). GH and KH values are high due to topping off.

Ammonia - 0ppm
Nitrites - 0ppm
Nitrates - >5ppm
pH - 7.5
KH - 9 (tap value closer to 6)
GH - 13 (tap value closer to 8)

Do you think it's safe to add shrimp?
I would honestly give it another month or so before adding anything to make sure the parameters stay where they’re at. Sometimes you may experience a “false cycle” where it’ll appear to be okay for a while, and then crash with no apparent change. Since the walstad method is so complicated, I would say stay on the safe side and monitor the parameters just a bit longer and if everything stays stable, shrimp it up!!

Fahn

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
I would honestly give it another month or so before adding anything to make sure the parameters stay where they’re at. Sometimes you may experience a “false cycle” where it’ll appear to be okay for a while, and then crash with no apparent change. Since the walstad method is so complicated, I would say stay on the safe side and monitor the parameters just a bit longer and if everything stays stable, shrimp it up!!
Alright, I figured sometime mid May it will be ready. I just added a ton more plants to it as well, I wanna make sure it is as safe and well planted as possible.
IMG_20180417_112457.jpg

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom