30 Gallon Tank Is my 31 gallon overstocked

Crimson_687

Are your honey gourami female or male? Having that many males will cause issues.

Yes you can do rams, but I would focus more on upping your cherry barb and Cory school. Barbs especially need larger groups, otherwise they will act aggressive

Upvote 0

Mudminnow

I don't think your tank would be overstocked. I've not kept German rams and honey gouramis together, but I would be wary of doing so. The honey gouramis are so passive and the rams are still cichlids.

Upvote 0

goldface

Compatability aside, in order for German Blue Rams to thrive, they require temperatures between 82-86 F.

Upvote 0

Mudminnow

Yes you can do rams, but I would focus more on upping your cherry barb and Cory school. Barbs especially need larger groups, otherwise they will act aggressive

This is generally true of most barbs, but, has been different, in my experience, with cherry barbs. I have found them to be peaceful, even in smaller numbers.

Upvote 0

Crimson_687

This is generally true of most barbs, but, has been different, in my experience, with cherry barbs. I have found them to be peaceful, even in smaller numbers.
Yes they’re one of the more peaceful barbs, but I would still recommend upping a school, especially for the cories as there is only 4 of them

Upvote 0

ProudPapa

. . . Would I be able to add a pair of German blue rams.
Thanks In Advance

Not if you want them to thrive in your tank. As goldface said above, they don't do well in temperatures below the low to mid 80's, and that's too warm for your current stocking.

Upvote 0

jinjerJOSH22

Could you post a picture of the Red Honey Gourami? They are likely Thick Lipped Gourami or Dwarf Gourami, which could lead to problems in the future as both are more aggressive(especially the latter) than Honeys and grow bigger(though not so big that the tank would be too small).
It might also be a good idea to post a picture of your Honeys too as Thick Lipped Gourami are often sold as Honeys.
Welcome to fishlore.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

30 Gallon Tank Will I be overstocked?
Replies
Views
CoryBoi
  • Question
Replies
Views
Gh05t
  • Question