Is Liquid Iron Enough?

Bettabuddies
I recently got some live plants and I was just wondering if the fish's wast, substrate and liquid iron enough to fertilize my plants or do I need some root tabs

TexasDomer
What kind of plants did you get? What kind of substrate do you have? What size tank is this, and what fish do you have in there?

qchris87
What type of plants do you have?

TexasDomer
Can you answer my other questions?

What kind of lighting do you have?

The moneywort and moss balls should be easy, but the scarlet temple may not do well in your setup.

Thunder_o_b
With a moss ball be sure not to use Excel.

Bettabuddies
Can you answer my other questions?

What kind of lighting do you have?

The moneywort and moss balls should be easy, but the scarlet temple may not do well in your setup.

LED lights that came with my aquarium. The brand is Topfin 10-gallon starter kit

TexasDomer
The lights probably won't be good enough for the scarlet temp. The moss ball should be fine, and the moneywort might be as well. You don't need to dose iron.

What kind of substrate?

Bettabuddies
The lights probably won't be good enough for the scarlet temp. The moss ball should be fine, and the moneywort might be as well. You don't need to dose iron.

What kind of substrate?
National Geographic Aquarium Substrate

TexasDomer
I would add root tabs below the moneywort then. But the moss ball doesn't need anything.

What fish will you have in the tank?

Bettabuddies
I would add root tabs below the moneywort then. But the moss ball doesn't need anything.

What fish will you have in the tank?
Just my betta fish, do you think I should add more?

TexasDomer
No, I don't. I was just wondering how much would be in the tank. With root tabs for the moneywort (hopefully the lighting is enough - it may not be though), the fish waste should be plenty for the moss ball.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
LuckyGourami
  • Question
Replies
Views
Nickguy5467
Replies
Views
Kathryn Crook
Replies