Is Jungle Lab's Fungus Clear safe for Kuhlis?

waternoodles

Been searching for hours and finding a lot of contradictory info. Looking into this for Columnaris treatment in combination with Kanaplex. The general consensus seems to be that Kanaplex is fine for Kuhlis and other scaleless fish, but I'm less sure about Jungle Lab's Fungus Clear. It's similar to Furan-2. Pasting info that compares the two I found on bettafish.com:

Furan 2
Active Ingredients: nitrofurazone, furazolidone, methylene blue trihydrate
Diseases: bacterial infections
Contraindications:
Furazolidone and nitrofurazone are carcinogenic agents. A product of API.
Jungle Fungus Clear
Active ingredients: nitrofurazone, furazolidone, potassium dichromate
Diseases: bacterial and fungal infections, costia
Contraindications:
See Jungle Fungus Eliminator. The only difference is this one has salt added to keep bacterial infections at bay.

So the difference seems to be potassium dichromate vs. methylene blue. Potassium dichromate is a potassium salt that acts as an oxidizing agent. I know salt in general is bad for scaleless fish, but a lot of chemicals/compounds are salts, and it seems when people say salt is bad for scaleless fish, they're referring to salinity.

The Fungus Clear packaging doesn't say anything about not being safe for scaleless fish, but neither does the aquarium salt packaging from the same brand. Attached a photo of the back of the box.

Anyway, the more I read, the more confused I get. I am not sure if Fungus Clear would be safe for Kuhlis, even in a half dose. Does anyone have a clear, concrete answer?

Attachments

• FungusClear.jpg
    FungusClear.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 5

BigManAquatics

I don't, but an alternative might be ich-x, claims it is safe for scale-less fish and claims to treat some fungus as well.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
agallagher196
Replies
Views
MiniPop
Replies
Views
Whitewolf
Top Bottom