Is It Worth It?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Little Tank of Happiness, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Little Tank of Happiness

Little Tank of Happiness Well Known Member Member

Hello fishloreans

I am very limited on fish stores and just pet stores in general. 15 minutes away from my house is Petsmart with 50% dead fish every time you go and employees just standing around talking. 1 hour away are 2 very nice fish stores, but they are a ways from my house and downtown in the city (traffic haven). Would you go an hour there and an hour back just to get a few fish? Petsmart has just become downright terrible and I'd hate to support something that keeps fish in such harsh and life-threatening conditions. But downtown! That's a long way just for fish. I do love my finned friends but... I'd also have to go on a Sunday morning at 8:00 to beat traffic since school is all week and Saturday is tjd (traffic jam day).

What would you do?

LT

2. StarFall

StarFall Valued Member Member

I think it would be worth it in the long run to get healthy fish from a fish store further away.

3. Hill Dweller

Hill Dweller Well Known Member Member

Considering I travel that long to get to work each day, I would think nothing of it :) I am like you, pet mega store (actually not too bad) 5 mins away and 2 really excellent specialty aquarium stores 1 hour away. I love going to the far ones, even if I buy nothing, they have so many fish and many species I've never seen, it's like a trip to the city tourist aquarium without the crowds! Plus they have better range of everything else and much better advice.

Plus I would feel itchy taking home fish that had so many dead tank mates :-o

4. fissh

fissh Well Known Member Member

Make the drive ,It's worth it in the long run if you end up with healthy fish.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice