Help Is it stress or a disease?

Lucifer93

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I've recently introduced my first fish into my 26-gallon tank, which was a group of glowlight tetras (4). Acclimation went well, they only hid for a couple of hours, and they started swimming around exploring the tank soon after. Later that day, I noticed that one or two of the glowlight tetras began to scratch on surfaces (plants and substrate), so I decided to add some Paraguard thinking that it might be early signs of ich.

The next day (today), none of the tetras scratched on the surface for most of the day, until about two hours ago. However, I have also noticed that 2 of the 4 glowlights aren't swimming around a lot (staying in one area for a long period of time). The other 2 are fine for now, but I'm worried that this might be ich or maybe a different disease. There aren't any psychical symptoms, just one or two behavior symptoms, and my water parameters are fine (no ammonia, no nitrite, and little nitrate). I'm hoping that I'm just overreacting and that they're fine or just a bit stressed out, but I'm not sure right now.

New Update: I also started seeing them shimming, as if they're trying to get rid of something. I'm nearly convinced that this might be ich, but I still don't know if I should go get an ich medication (can't do the rise temperature treatment because I have a preset heater). Anyone know what I should do?

OP
L

Lucifer93

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Bumping this thread. I'm hoping that I can find some answers today

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online