55 Gallon Tank Is it safe to use water conditer in tank with baby fish?

MrsWarren
Hello I really need to clean my fish tank I need to know if it safe to use AquaSafe Plus Tetra water conditioner decholorinator with tank of baby cichlids
We have two junivelle pink cichlids plus, 1 texas cichlids, 9 really small baby black convict. I need to know if water conditioner-dechlorinator is safe I don't want them to killed off the baby cichilds. Thanks let me know asap. PS is Ick treatment safe to use too?

MD Angels
Wouldn't untreated water be more harmful? Aren't they already in water that has been treated? Just add it with the new water.

Are you experiencing an Ick outbreak? (may be a dumb q)
What is your ammonia, nitrate and nitrite? Several weeks may not be enough time to have cycled a tank, and maybe your fish are stressed, and therefore getting sick...

MrsWarren
I am not sure if it ICK but my Texas Cichlid got 1 white spot on it tail, no the tank been cycle for several months, I just need to clean it part of water clean. my amonia, nitrate, is noraml is that what you asking? I want to use the water conditner but want to make sure it safe for baby fish too?

AlyeskaGirl
You use a water conditioner to make tap water safe for your fish or any source of water that has Chlorine, Chloramines & heavy metals that are harmful. So the conditioner is safe for your baby fish.

Most recommended treatment for ICH is to raise the temp 86 slowly, no higher, for two weeks or more and do partial daily water changes with a gravel vac every few days to pickup ICH spores.

bassbonediva
AlyeskaGirl said:
You use a water conditioner to make tap water safe for your fish or any source of water that has Chlorine, Chloramines & heavy metals that are harmful. So the conditioner is safe for your baby fish.

Most recommended treatment for ICH is to raise the temp 86 slowly, no higher, for two weeks or more and do partial daily water changes with a gravel vac every few days to pickup ICH spores.
+1...also, with the heat method of treating ich, make sure you add extra aeration to the water, either in the form of an air stone or by lowering the tank water level so there is more surface disturbance (if you have a hang-on back filter).

MD Angels
Ok, it just says in your profile it was several weeks. Months should be fine. I agree with AlyeskaGirl that raising the temp along with WC and gravel vac is a better option. Ich looks like grains of salt - is that what the white spot looks like? Watch for other symptoms like flashing off of objects, and gasping for air (if it gets into the gills).

MrsWarren
thanks that help alot

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom