Is it safe to use the calcium blocks for turtles for snails?

JamieXPXP
is it safe to use the calcium blocks for turtles for snails? my mom bought me one because she wanted to help me find something to use as a source of calcium because my snails won't eat veggies. I am using egg shells right now but my mom probably doesn't want me to waste the eggs or something. this is the one she got me from the store. sorry if it is in the wrong place but wanted to make sure it is ok to use before I put it in my tank lol

emmysjj
JamieXPXP
Yeah I've tried cuttlebone but it didn't really help. The eggshells seem to be doing something but I want to know if I can use the block my mom bought me because I would hate to waste it

Wraithen
It's safe to use. Probably won't do much more than a cuttlebone would

Mcasella
Use calcium rich foods to insure the snails get enough for their shells.

JamieXPXP
Use calcium rich foods to insure the snails get enough for their shells.
lol tried that but snails won't even touch them. I can only get them to eat wafers and pellets

Mcasella
Get a mineral rich wafer or pellets, calcium foods can be made by you (look up snail jello), you can make up a batch of wafers (crush up current wafers, add in a binding agent and extra calcium, then bake until crisped).

JamieXPXP
yeah I will have to try and find calcium rich pellets or wafers but isn't easy to find something like that. I will start making some wafers or jello until I can find vitamin rich food for them. thanks!

fissh
I use calcium pellets by "Ken's fish food" and all my shrimp, snails and pleco love it. It's about the only thing I feed my cardinal shrimp and they thrive on it.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
tjander
Replies
Views
michaelsf90
Replies
Views
goldfishglam
Top Bottom