Is It Safe To Re-use Moss Balls

Wrenne

Valued Member
Messages
82
Reaction score
8
Points
43
Experience
1 year
My new fish died and im not sure of the exact reason. He seemed less then healthy after I had got him home. His fins curled really badly and he was rubbing his face against everything. Since I don know what killed him should I just throw out my moss balls or are they ok to use again?
 

Rtessy

Fishlore VIP
Messages
7,090
Reaction score
3,476
Points
448
Experience
4 years
No, that's not the recommended practice. Diseases can still be transfered on plants, but it sounds like your fish had a sort of parasite, which could definitely be transfered on plants. Don't throw it out, most people do a sort of bleach dip, but I think those can kill marimos. You'll have to wait for someone who knows how to dip marimos before reusing it. But again, no, don't use it again until you properly clean it.
 
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!





Top Bottom