Is it safe to feed grocery store shrimp to assassin's nails?

KrissyBunnie

I know this may sound kind of silly, but my assassin snail won't eat any of the freeze dried bloodworms or shrimp pellets I got for it. It's been wandering the bottom of the tank for a few days, so I assume it's hungry.
Seeing as there's no nerite snails for to munch on, would it be safe to feed it just everyday frozen shrimp from the grocery store? Obviously I would break it up into tiny little pieces, probably the size of a pencil tip.
There's also a few neon tetras in the tank if that matters.

Thank you in advance!

richiep

You can try it but i don't think they will, I've only ever seen my assissan eat live snail

MacZ

You can try it but i don't think they will, I've only ever seen my assissan eat live snail
And if there are no other snails they eat aufwuchs and mulm. It will not starve.

The tetras will likely go piranha on a piece of shrimp. But don't feed those too often, they can have relatively high amounts of salt, which can be bad for freshwater fish kidneys, especially softwater fish like tetras.

DoubleDutch

And if there are no other snails they eat aufwuchs and mulm. It will not starve.

The tetras will likely go piranha on a piece of shrimp. But don't feed those too often, they can have relatively high amounts of salt, which can be bad for freshwater fish kidneys, especially softwater fish like tetras.
I doubt my assassins eat aufwuchs and mulm to be honest. If they are humgry they eat any source of protein (bloodworms and shrimppellets).

MacZ

Seeing that in a friend's tank, though. It was going through biofiom on a piece of wood. But that snail really has no other choice tbh.

KrissyBunnie

Thank you for the replies ☺️

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
MaGicBush
Replies
Views
Genobreaker
Replies
Views
Mollys123