Is It Safe To Feed A Pleco Gelatin?

Megaanemp

Hello,

Ive got left over ingredients from making snello. Is it safe to make some for my bn pleco minus the calcium?
So it would be just Gelatin, spirulina powder, peas, zucchini, and spinach. I’d blend it together and cut it into cubes.

Demeter

Yup, totally safe. They have Repashy powder foods that you make into jello and I’ve used it for BN adults and fry.

Megaanemp

Isnt the gel in Repashy plant based instead of animal product?
Demeter said:
Yup, totally safe. They have Repashy powder foods that you make into jello and I’ve used it for BN adults and fry.

Demeter

Megaanemp said:
Isnt the gel in Repashy plant based instead of animal product?
I suppose it is, the more you know. Well I’ve also made jello food with actual gelatin and it didn’t kill my fish. It is perfectly safe IMO seeing as it is organic and mainly just protein. Many fish foods contain non-aquatic based proteins (such as eggs, soy and chicken) so it shouldn’t be any different than that.

bumblinBee

I've made snello before, my plecos went nuts for it! Never noticed any adverse effects from feeding it to them

Megaanemp

Demeter said:
I suppose it is, the more you know. Well I’ve also made jello food with actual gelatin and it didn’t kill my fish. It is perfectly safe IMO seeing as it is organic and mainly just protein. Many fish foods contain non-aquatic based proteins (such as eggs, soy and chicken) so it shouldn’t be any different than that.
Very good point about the non-aquatic based proteins! Thanks for your help
bumblinBee said:
I've made snello before, my plecos went nuts for it! Never noticed any adverse effects from feeding it to them
Good to know, thanks for sharing!

Top Bottom