Is it Possible to Sex a Dojo Loach?

Gameynerd23

I'm not looking to breed my Dojo Loaches, I'm just curious if there's any way to tell their gender. I'd just like to know since they live so long and I'd like to give them proper names. They all have the collective name of Loachy right now with the largest one being Big Loachy.

Freshfishguy

I'm not looking to breed my Dojo Loaches, I'm just curious if there's any way to tell their gender. I'd just like to know since they live so long and I'd like to give them proper names. They all have the collective name of Loachy right now with the largest one being Big Loachy.
I found this thread that has some info about sexing them: Sex my loaches? | Dojo Loach Forum | 222831. I’m jealous of your loaches though! I definitely want to get some when I get a larger tank than my 40g.

Upvote 0

Gameynerd23

I found this thread that has some info about sexing them: Sex my loaches? | Dojo Loach Forum | 222831. I’m jealous of your loaches though! I definitely want to get some when I get a larger tank than my 40g.
Awesome, thanks! I'll have to hope they sit still for a minute so I can look at their fins, lol. I keep my five Dojos in a 75 gallon. I've read online that one can be kept in a minimum of 30 gallons, but bigger is always better. I've also read they enjoy the company of their own species, so I wouldn’t keep just one. I love my Dojos so much and they're so active and full of personality! My largest one likes to get in the hollow part of one of the decorations and chill with its head poking out the hole. I hope you can get some someday, they've been a blast to own so far for me!

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Gameynerd23
  • Question
75 Gallon Tank Danio Problems
Replies
Views
Gameynerd23
Replies