Is It Possible To Overstock Bottom Dwelling Fish By Area?

InsanityShard

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
So, my 65g tank currently has 2 Corydoris catfish, 2 Bristlenose catfish, and 4 Yoyo loaches. It's 4 feet long. Substrate is being slowly collected before being added- but even with a large amount of hiding places, once I complete my two corydoris schools will it be too many bottom dwellers for the area? I notice my two Corydoris don't like the loaches too much, but I've only had the loaches for a couple of days. They're feeding together right now, but sometimes the male Corydoris chases them away.

bigdreams

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Do you mean corydora catfish? Like a bronze Cory, etc. They need be in schools of 6+ to be comfortable and feel safe. So you should consider getting more of the same species. I have 9 in a 55 gallon tank they are doing great. Also have kuhli loaches... For me an issue is competition for food . I used to gave 12 kuhli now down to 2. Corys outcompeted the kuhli loaches until I started overfeeding the tank.

InsanityShard

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I already have plans on more, but I mean there's going to be a lot of bottom dwellers when I do, will they fight for space even with hiding places?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom