Is It Possible To Have Saltwater Aquarium In Bowl ?

sanjay7
Can anyone tell me how to setup reef aquarium in bowl. My cousin is so obsessed with it

DutchAquarium
No way, you shouldn't even keep freshwater fish in a bowl. The only thing you could keep in a bowl is a plant.

Aqua Hands
No way, you shouldn't even keep freshwater fish in a bowl. The only thing you could keep in a bowl is a plant.
actually that's incorrect.

You can keep some shrimp and snails, etc But I wouldn't recommend it.

Culprit
Yes.... but its for advanced keepers only. There are a few thriving reef bowls but they are high maintnence and pretty delicate. I would very strongly suggest not to try. Definitely no fish, mabye a coral

Aqua Hands
Yes.... but its for advanced keepers only. There are a few thriving reef bowls but they are high maintnence and pretty delicate. I would very strongly suggest not to try. Definitely no fish, mabye a coral
Completely agree. Please don't try this unless you are very exprienced

DutchAquarium
Not even a coral. the smaller the aquarium the harder it will be for you to take care of it. You could do a macro algae saltwater bowl but nothing else. That's not incorrect

Culprit
Not even a coral. the smaller the aquarium the harder it will be for you to take care of it. You could do a macro algae saltwater bowl but nothing else. That's not incorrect

Actually you can keep corals.

DutchAquarium
I guess in that type of setup, but not in your normal bowl with low lighting and probably minimul care

sanjay7
I saw biorb in Amazon

Check for biorb please

Check biorb please

Greg F
Checked biorb. Personally still wouldn't do it with anything other than maybe a betta.

Jesterrace
Can anyone tell me how to setup reef aquarium in bowl. My cousin is so obsessed with it

Don't do it. Lots of risk, hassle and effort for very little benefit. No freshwater fish is suited for a bowl and certainly no saltwater fish is. Experienced keepers might do inverts, pods or algae farms with nano type configs but a goal fish bowl has no real filtration options. If he wants fish he needs a 10 gallon tank with filtration.

Actually you can keep corals.

Not a as a newbie in a goldfish bowl though.

Culprit
Not a biorb... check out https://www.reefjar.com/start/ . However, its still going to cost almost as much as setting up a 10 gallon with lighting for easy corals.

Jesterrace
Exactly, might as well get a 10 gallon and have filtration and the option for a couple of small fish.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
WagglePets
Replies
Views
annaberg1067
Replies
Views
-Mak-
Replies
Views