Is It Possible To Get A Specific Fish Online?

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by Georgie Girl, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Georgie Girl

Georgie Girl Valued Member Member

I'm not in the market, really - my wife would kill me if I started putting together another tank. But I am curious. Are there websites specifically for betta shoppers?

How would I go about shopping for a blue mustard double-tail with black eyes? Once Fishy Boris goes - pray Bob not for a good, very long time - that's what I want to get.

2. Preston Landolt

Preston Landolt Valued Member Member

Aqua bid is my favorite site ( I just found this guy on it and will probably buy it )
    e89d26fc2c1b090c0fc2402a69cd544e.jpg

3. OP
    OP
    Georgie Girl

Georgie Girl Valued Member Member

Lovely!

4. Mcasella

Mcasella Fishlore VIP Member

Aquabid is going to be your best bet beyond finding breeders in states near you. (Or in your state if you are lucky.)
    Look for either ones that have a transhipper you can try and pick up from or that are US based. Mustards seem to come in around August on aquabid in my experience.

5. 75g Discus Tank

75g Discus Tank Fishlore VIP Member

Aquabid mainly has imported bettas from Cambodia or Thailand.

They are a bit more expensive and the shipping cost could be more than the fish itself!

Check with the IBC(International Betta Congress) to see if they can find a breeder near you.

6. Lynn78too

Lynn78too Well Known Member Member

You can buy them from eBay as well. I've never done it just because I never had the opportunity to but I do know of people who have and have had good luck with it.

7. 75g Discus Tank

75g Discus Tank Fishlore VIP Member

You could also try Space City Fish and Coral(my LFS).

They import bettas and sell them pretty cheaply. The shipping is also fair.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice