Is it only me?

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
There is either something wrong with my computer, or the text on the left side of Fish Lore forum is larger than the text on its right side (which is very small and hard to read). Also, the names of moderators under various board titles appear extremely small. Is it only me?

Can't see the topics well

Marc

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Try to hold Ctrl. and move the wheel on your mouse until it's the normal size again.

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Marc, I know that trick, lol. I oftentimes do that to enlarge text whenever it's too small for me. But this time, the text on the right side of the forum stays small relative to the text on the left side, even if I enlarge the entire text on the forum using Ctrl + the mouse. I guess I'll have to restart the computer and see what happens. Thanks both of you

P.S. I'll try to take a screen shot to show you what it looks like. Hold on.

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Oops, I can't post the attachments here, so I am sending them to you privately Marc.

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Hmm, forget it, lol - PMs don't have the option to attach files (or I can't see that option if it's there).

Mike

Fishlore
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm not seeing it either... Isabella can you email a screen shot to me? support at fishlore dot com.

Mike

Fishlore
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I just opened your email. The fonts on the right side of the forum are always smaller - the boxes that tell you the last post date/time. I'm attaching a screen print of how it looks on my end.

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Thanks for taking a look at it Mike. I know my screen shots appear normal to you at first glance, but they're really not. If you look closely at the document I've sent you, "Regular Text", and compare it to your screen shot posted here, you'll see that the text on the right side of the forum in my document is much smaller RELATIVE TO the size of the text on the left side. Especially the topic lines on the right. It never appeared this way on my computer. It always appeared on my computer the way it appears on your screen shot. I know there is something wrong with my computer, perhaps some virus. I hate when that happens. I never have my computer without an anti-virus protection (+ anti-spyware, etc ...) and yet I had to format my computer THREE times already! First, I've had Norton - it failed. Then (currently) I bought McAfee - failed me twice Supposedly, these two are best anti-virus protection softwares available. Why do they fail then? I've spent hundreds of dollars already on the stupid (forgive me the word) anti-viruses that appear to be useless. I keep my computer neat and never store any files on C drive (only on D drive) so that the computer has lots of free space. I also don't overload my computer with any unnecessary software. Any idea what anti-virus protection is best? It seems nothing can be trusted anymore. I hate computers!

P.S. When I tried to open your screen shot for the 2nd time, I got this message: "It seems that you are not allowed to download or view attachments on this board." Maybe it's the virus on my computer again?

Mike

Fishlore
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm not sure why it's doing that to you.  Here is a link I've used before to find viruses:

Or, if that link doesn't work, just go to google and type "Symantec Security Check" and it's the first result.

This is mcafee's site and I only use mcafee since having issues with Norton in the past.  That link will take you to an online virus scan that will scan your computer for viruses.  You have to allow popups for it to work and you also have to install something before it will start running.  After you click on the button on the intro page you will be presented with either a "security scan" or a "virus detection". Click the button under virus detection.  The security scan is something else you can do afterwards to test you computer's vulnerability to online hacks via open ports on your computer.

This tool won't fix the viruses, but it will let you know if you have any. I just used it a week ago to scan a friend's computer and it found 31 viruses!  They weren't running any virus software before, but they are now.

For the permissions error I'm also not sure why you got that. Were you logged in? If so, it's probably something I messed up on the forum. Looking into it.

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the advice and for your time. As I've said, I have the whole McAfee package: Virus-Scan, Firewall, Spam Killer, etc ... and I scan my entire computer for viruses WEEKLY. Nothing ever is found. Yet lately, I've had lots of messages of the type "This and that file is corrupt," or the above mentioned text sizes changes. Or, a lot of personal files of mine are no longer usable, and I can't even delete them from where they are. Lots of weird things are happening on my computer and yet no viruses are detected. But I will scan my computer again the way you suggested. Will see what can be done with that.

Besides - and what baffles me even more - the text size is now normal on Fish Lore forum. Hmmm ... I wonder if tomorrow it will be small again? Like I said ... weird :-\

Anyway, thanks again Mike

LarryDavid

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Isabella if you still have the problem with the size of your tex on your computer the way to fix it is the following:

Launch internet explorer..
Click View
Text Size, then select medium then refresh

Hope this has helped

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Thank you all for your concern, but the problem is long gone. All is well already Chris, it wasn't the internet explorer text problem because I've tried what you suggested long ago and it wasn't that. But, as I have said, the problem is gone, so no worries And I don't even know what it was, lol. Sasha, I did a system restore twice in the last couple of months.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom