Is it OK to write a website address in my posts?

tony

I now know that I cannot advertise anything here, but can I post a link to another site

Gwenz

Re: question about rules

if you were to show someone something you wanted to buy, or show something to someone that would help them, yes you can post a link to another site. like this... I could post you this site to show you where to buy something etc.

Hope I'm making sense.

Gwenz

Mike

Tony - regarding your first post that I modified, read rule number 5:

5. Outbound links that add to the discussion or help in some way are allowed. However, this does not mean that webmasters for other sites can use this forum to create links to their sites solely for the purpose of creating links. FishLore.com has a reciprocal links page setup just for this purpose. If you're interested in adding your link to FishLore.com, please visit

I think you'll find that linking between websites is a two way street and you'll quickly give your website a bad reputation if you start posting links in other forums to your website. That technique is so yesterday and is considered very rude amongst site owners. Just a "heads up" for you.

Mike

Gargoyle

Off topic but I love your "Add Your Link" page!! Would you share it with me ?

sirdarksol

I'm sorry. I just found this question accidentally and thought I should ask, since I've been technically breaking this rule.

I've got a link for a martial arts forum in my signature (my other obsession... well, one of my other obsessions). I have a fishlore link in my sig on that forum. In most forums that I've been on, this kind of thing is okay as long as the links are reciprocal. I just want to be sure that's okay here.
(Sorry, I should have asked before doing it. I've just gotten so used to the idea that I didn't really think about it)

Mike

Since it's reciprocal I wouldn't consider it breaking the rules. And Sirdarksol you've been a great member that's helped many others since you joined up and you've shown through your efforts that you're not just here to generate links to other websites.

sirdarksol

Alright. Thanks.

tony

I would just like to apologize for posting that link. it was a stupid thing to do. I was new to fishlore and I didnt know what a helpful site it would turn out to be

angelfish220

itsaight We love you anyway

Butterfly

tony said:
I would just like to apologize for posting that link. it was a stupid thing to do. I was new to fishlore and I didnt know what a helpful site it would turn out to be
Tony we all live and we learn
Carol

sirdarksol

tony said:
angelfish220 said:
itsaight We love you anyway
I don't.
In fact, I'm still so upset about a post that I've never even seen, I'm just waiting for an excuse to ban you. ;D

tony

haha ok. well I won't give you a reason to ban me

sirdarksol

All right. That's it. I warned you.

tony

It won't happen again. I promise.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom