Is it ok to leave a heater off in the water?

elisa001

Hi guys so long story short I don’t need/use my aquarium heater in my 55 gallon tank. However the wire has multiple plants tied around it so I would rather not take the heater out so I have it on it’s lowest setting, 68f. I was considering getting an axolotl (there is currently nothing in the cycled tank cause my goldfish just passed away) so I would like the tank to be lower than 68.

I was thinking I could just unplug the heater and leave it sitting in the tank as to not destroy the plants. I am just concerned that if it is not on will the water destroy it? I don’t want it to break if I ever need it again.

StarGirl

Nah should be fine if you don't mind looking at it.

Upvote 0

Dennis57

Nothing will happen to the heater, your good

Upvote 0

AcornTheBetta

Hi guys so long story short I don’t need/use my aquarium heater in my 55 gallon tank. However the wire has multiple plants tied around it so I would rather not take the heater out so I have it on it’s lowest setting, 68f. I was considering getting an axolotl (there is currently nothing in the cycled tank cause my goldfish just passed away) so I would like the tank to be lower than 68.

I was thinking I could just unplug the heater and leave it sitting in the tank as to not destroy the plants. I am just concerned that if it is not on will the water destroy it? I don’t want it to break if I ever need it again.
It's fine. SIP to your goldfish!

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
  • Dan12boy
  • Heater
Replies
Views
IDKwhattodo
Replies
Views
Taydee