Is it ok to add Kanaplex to water before adding to aquarium?

MurtaghTheBetta

Hi all,

I was wondering, is it okay to dissolve Kanaplex in a bit of aquarium water prior to dosing? I'm wondering if I can treat with it similarly like Maracyn 2. I am treating for difficult Columnaris and have a 3 gallon set up but using only 1 gallon so my Betta doesn't have to travel so far up to breathe. So I was thinking of adding 5 full measures of water to a container, adding the level scoop (for 5 gallons) and then adding 1 measure of that to my 1 gallon. Would that be okay? I haven't seen anything about adding Kanaplex to water before dosing the tank. My Betta is *very* delicate right now so I don't want to overdose him. especially by measuring powder by eyeballing it. My next question is could this be stored? Or would it be better to make it fresh every time?

Thanks in advance!

coralbandit

I think the time you make the mix starts the clock ticking on how long the med is effective .
If you pre mix it keep it in a container that blocks light .Seal it and keep it cool [in the dark ] .
Have you considered a gram scale for measuring meds accurately ?
There are many digital or non for under $20 ..

MurtaghTheBetta

I think the time you make the mix starts the clock ticking on how long the med is effective .
If you pre mix it keep it in a container that blocks light .Seal it and keep it cool [in the dark ] .
Have you considered a gram scale for measuring meds accurately ?
There are many digital or non for under $20 ..
Yeah that’s what I was thinking too. I’ll just mix it and add it right away. Probably won’t bother with storing since I’ll have plenty. I would definitely invest in a scale for the future but this is like…dire. He’s probably not gonna make it so I’m desperate to medicate right away.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Rose of Sharon
Replies
Views
Heron
Replies
Views
Helarigood
Replies
Views