Is it ich or something else on blood parrot

ssbon18

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I have beem treating my tank for ich with ich-x for 6 days now with daily gravel vac and water change and have extra air stones added and the temperature is at 86. My parrot fish were barely affected and the fish that were really bad with ich are 100% clear for 3 days now. I did treat the tank with general cure for flukes also. about 2 days ago the blood parrots started scratching all over (I assume the gill flukes are dying).

All the fish are clear of ich but I have noticed for 2 days only 1 of my 2 blood parrots have white dots all over! Im not sure if its ich or
something else. Past day seems about the same. The rest of the fish are fine. Should I keep treating with ich x until this 1 fish is clear of these white dots? or should I stop ich x and do the second dose of api general cure?

Attachments

Pridedcloth3

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Looks like it to me, although I could be wrong. I'm no expert but I would add aquarium salt keep the temp up and see what happens. The salt from what I understand from a technically zoologist here on fishlore causes the slime coat to thicken and prevent parasites from attaching.

OP
S

ssbon18

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I believe I have some of that. Will add some thanks!

New Threads