Is it dump to put a shrimp with my betta?

SanDiegoRedneck

I don't know a whole lot about betta. But I have a stars and stripes in a 10gal. There is extra algae and gunk build up on live plants. I have lots of shrimp in other tanks. Is it dump to try putting a few in there?

Do you think it will just annoy him?

mimo91088

Depends on the betta. Some will be fine, some will destroy your shrimp on sight. Only way to know is to try.

jkkgron2

If you do end up doing it. Maybe try adding in some culls or less brightly colored ones. I’ve found that my betta doesn’t go after any but my now deceased betta would go after any cherry shrimp he saw and left a few alone.

BRDrew

Personally my bettas always did fine with shrimp with the exception of a melano plakat I had that was absolutely nasty to everything it could see except for an otto he loved.

SanDiegoRedneck

jkkgron2 said:
If you do end up doing it. Maybe try adding in some culls or less brightly colored ones. I’ve found that my betta doesn’t go after any but my now deceased betta would go after any cherry shrimp he saw and left a few alone.
I'll try a couple really light ones from my cherry tank. I have about 400 cherrys and haven't culled yet. Just about too so I have really light to ones almost clear with all red including legs.

Top Bottom