Is he sleeping??!

1. ashleighh28

ashleighh28 Well Known Member Member

2. el337

el337 Fishlore Legend Member

So he's just been sitting like that for the past 2 days? Does he come up to eat? What are your water parameters?

3. OP
    OP
    ashleighh28

His been on and off sitting at the bottom for the past two days I added moss balls last night. I've been treating with prime. The water ppms ammonia 0.25 and nitrite 0,25 I'm cycling my tank ATM and I done a 50% water change two days ago now and his been strange since.

Yes he's been eatting haven't fed him today because I'm trying to Monitor what his eatting.

4. el337

He doesn't look bloated or overweight and I can't see what else could be wrong. Maybe someone else can spot something or have other suggestions.

5. OP
    OP
    ashleighh28

[​IMG] his belly seems swollen!!

6. el337

Oh, I see. I couldn't tell from the video because he was so close to the substrate. Have you tried deshelled mashed peas?

7. OP
    OP
    ashleighh28

No what's that's supposed to do?

8. S

Sticks New Member Member

The pea's will flush his digestive track out.

9. Platylover

Platylover Fishlore VIP Member

Agree with Sticks and el337. Fast for three days then feed a pea on the third day, continue till it gets better. Keep an eye out though, if he begins to pine cone he has dropsy then.

10. OP
    OP
    ashleighh28

Will try that in the morning defrosted deshelled pea whats pine cone?

11. codyrex97

codyrex97 Well Known Member Member

Pine cone is when the scales stick out like a pinecone. It's a sure sign of dropsy.

I would feed him one pea. You may want to prepare two in case he doesn't eat the first one. What I do is I have frozen peas. I put two in a coffee cup of water and microwave it. Then cut the shell open (if it doesn't split open on its own during microwaving) and you can squeeze the inside out. You can then make it into smaller pieces, enough for him to eat in one bite, or mash it a bit, and try to get him to eat the pea.

12. OP
    OP
    ashleighh28

Ok thanks guys!

13. codyrex97

codyrex97 Well Known Member Member

By the way, try to feed him pea on the regular. It's good for their digestion. Some folks will do a pea once a week and then not feed the next day so it can clean itself out.

14. AtomicMudkip

AtomicMudkip Valued Member Member

ashleighh28 bettas are carnivores and when mine was bloated, he wouldn't touch a pea with a barge pole. If your betta doesn't eat the pea, live or frozen daphnia work just as well and are more attractive to the bettas pallette.
    Good luck!
    ~Mudkipz

15. OP
    OP
    ashleighh28

His fine today I'm unsure if I'm panicking or If my fish is actually I'll.

16. Mothercrow

Mothercrow Well Known Member Member

Sick or not, feeding him a pea (or daphnia as AtomicMudkip suggested) is still good for him.

17. OP
    OP
    ashleighh28

Ok thank you guys!