Is he looking better?

AdelitaGSD

I rescued this guy a couple weeks ago. Moved him from the 2.5 gal he cane in with only a heater. Moved to a 5 gal with filter and heater.
Just got done Saturday with the 3rd dose of Kanaplex. I’m not sure if it’s really doing much...
I have a 14 gal Biocube I plan to move him too and get a couple compatible tank mates.
Should I keep him in the 5 gal and continue the Kanaplex (do I have to wait a certain amount of time, since I did 3 treatments already??) or move him to the 14 and maybe a larger amount of water will help???

I have attached the first 2 pics are before treatment. The last 4 are from today.

Attachments

OP
AdelitaGSD

AdelitaGSD

Still active and eating. Comes up to the front of the aquarium to say hi every time someone is around the tank.

Doom

Hi,
First, try to respect the water parameters... A pH around 7 with 0ammonia, nitrites, and low nitrates. And clean the tank (vacuum and water changes) once a week. Never forget to condition your water with a good conditioner.
Meds are often used when the water isn't even optimal for them which will just make his case worst.

Use activated carbon for a couple of hours to detoxify the water of your medications.

I suggest a combo of Tannins (IAL), tourmaline balls, and aquarium salt instead of meds, it's natural and it will make the water good for him and just that should be enough. You can look at their benefits and properties on google if you're interested.

Always let some tannins and tourmaline balls in the water will help him fights the infections and make him stronger.

Have a good day.

OP
AdelitaGSD

AdelitaGSD

Should I move him to the 14 gallon now then, since that will be more water and easier to keep parameters in check?

New Threads