Is He Healthy?

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by tinybettamom, Apr 18, 2017.

1. tinybettamom

tinybettamom New Member Member

So I just picked up this little guy from Petsmart

[​IMG]

Does he look healthy? I'm pretty sure he's fine but I just want to be positive because I know most bettas from commercial stores are sick.

If he's okay, can anyone recommend some names? Something galaxy related, preferably. Thanks!

2. KinsKicks

KinsKicks Fishlore VIP Member

Hello!

He actually looks quite healthy! He's a teeny weeny bit dull, but give him a few days in his new (better!) home and he should brighten up.
    How about Borealis? Like the Aurora Borealis lights in Alaska; his fins match and fade just like those beautiful colors and his base color looks like the night sky you see the Auroras in. Or Pisces? He'd be a Betta named fish lol. Anyhow, he's a very beautiful find!

3. Cycerath

Cycerath Valued Member Member

his back fin might have had some fin rot but as long as he's in a healthy environment that should heal. i recommend using api stress coat+.

andromeda, messier, starburst, cosmos, black eye (yes, that's a galaxy name)

4. KaderTheAnt

KaderTheAnt Well Known Member Member

Neptune, Aurora, Orion and Plasma.

As stated above, he does seem to have a bit of fin rot, but other than that he looks amazing

5. CindiL

CindiL Fishlore Legend Member

Hi, welcome to the forum :)

Did you already cycle the tank with ammonia or will you be cycling with him in it? Are you familiar with the nitrogen cycle?
    Aquarium Nitrogen Cycle

What is your water conditioner?
    Do you have a liquid test kit?

He looks to have a little bit of fin rot but I think water changes every other day for a week or two should clear it up.

6. Sen

Sen Valued Member Member

Agreeing that the fins look a little jagged. Clean water will definitely help with that. API stress coat works for my fishes, and maybe a little bit of garlic in the food?

Not quite a galaxy, but I've always liked the word "Nebulae" (I think it's pronounced neb-you-lay, the plural of nebula).

Also, maybe some more constellations? Pyxis, Volans (flying fish!), Crux, Cepheus (named after a king), Caelum?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice