Is galvanized steel safe?

ROFEA

Is galvanized steel ok for neos? The only info I've found for galvanized steel is safe for other types of shrimp.

jtjgg

this is the only thing i could find

" Uncoated heavy metals like zinc, lead (from plant weights) and elemental copper will kill shrimp, especially copper. "

ROFEA

jtjgg said:
this is the only thing i could find

" Uncoated heavy metals like zinc, lead (from plant weights) and elemental copper will kill shrimp, especially copper. "

Thanks, I knew copper would kill but not the others. It wouldn't be safe because it is made of zinc and iron so the zinc kicks it out.

StarGirl

Curious why you want to put metal in your tank?

ROFEA

StarGirl said:
Curious why you want to put metal in your tank?
I wanted to put a planter tank (15ish gallons) into a larger galvanized steel tub. Something like this:

I didn't get one but it seems like it would be nice. Maybe one day I'll get one just for aquatic plants.

StarGirl

ROFEA said:
I wanted to put a planter tank (15ish gallons) into a larger galvanized steel tub. Something like this:

I didn't get one but it seems like it would be nice. Maybe one day I'll get one just for aquatic plants.
Oh ok gotcha. You could probably do goldfish or some kind of minnows in something like that.

jtjgg

you could use the plastic stock tanks like this one

or if you have Tractor Supply they have more sizes available, 100g 110g, 150g, etc I have the 150g for patio pond with comet goldfish, and a 110g for water lily pond.

110g on sale $69.99

150g for $139.99

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom