Is Frozen Fish Food Safe?

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by Vince66, Dec 4, 2012.

1. V

Vince66 Valued Member Member

I was wondering about the frozen food they sell at petsmart and petco . They have it in the freezers and its frozin brine shirp with spirulina. It says on the front of the package that its free of unwanted parasites. Anyone trust this ?? does anyone on here use this food ? Is it really free of unwanted parasites like it says ? I was going to buy it but im a bit weary.

2. AmazonPassion

AmazonPassion Moderator Moderator Member

I use them with no problem.

You just got to keep the unused cubes frozen until you need to feed your fish.

3. kinezumi89

kinezumi89 Fishlore VIP Member

I've had no problems either. :)

4. Matt B

Matt B Well Known Member Member

No problems here either, I use the San Francisco Bay brand.

5. kinezumi89

kinezumi89 Fishlore VIP Member

I have Hikari bloodworms and my fish love them.

6. JDcichlidlover

JDcichlidlover Well Known Member Member

No problems. I feed my mbunas that once a week.

7. Junne

Junne Fishlore Legend Member

I also use the Hikari bloodworms - the package has the guaranteed analysis written on it.

I would say its safe but with anything frozen, you have to make sure you use it all up in one shot and I would not recommend re-freezing

8. Akari_32

Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Most frozen foods, once thawed, can be refrigerated in the water they were thawed in for up to 24 hours.

9. aquatic

aquatic Valued Member Member

They are selling name brand frozen foods so I have never been worried and my fish love the weekly treat.

10. f

featherblue Well Known Member Member

I use a wide variety of hikari frozen worms and shrimps (dwarf puffers and spoiler ADFs) no issue at all from the brand.

I chop the cubes into pieces and have a died worm and shrimp bowl in little cups in the freezers. Reasonable portions ready to thaw as needed

11. llfish

llfish Well Known Member Member

I use the bloodworms, brine shrimp, freshwater frenzy and mysis shrimp( for my saltwater) and Marine cuizine all frozen my fishies LOVE it, I have never had any issues.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice