Is Frozen Broccoli Safe For My Goldfish?

1. T

TinySwimmer Valued Member Member

Haven't got any fresh. Was thinking about boiling some frozen broccoli with a clove of garlic to give it that flavour. Is using frozen okay?
    Also, I don't wanna put the whole piece of broccoli in my tank. Just chop it up into pieces they can eat straight away?
    Thanks

2. AllieSten

AllieSten Fishlore VIP Member

It should be just fine. I found my fish don't like frozen. They prefer fresh. But I don't have goldfish. I know they are little piggies lol

3. TwoHedWlf

TwoHedWlf Well Known Member Member

Can't imagine any good reason to think it might not be fine as long as it's defrosted first.

4. Liz♡Gold

Liz♡Gold Valued Member Member

I feed my goldfish frozen broccoli all the time. I just boil it a little bit to make it softer. I also cut it into small, bite sized pieces to make it easier for the fish to eat. Your goldie will be just fine :)

5. OP
    OP
    T

TinySwimmer Valued Member Member

I boiled frozen broccoli with a garlic clove then crushed it all up together and gave them a quarter of a tea spoon. They LOVED it!

6. O

Over It Well Known Member Member

Mine love frozen broccoli. I just boil it for about 3 mins so it's soft. Attach it to a "veggie clip" and they devour it. They especially like the tops.

7. J

Jocelyn Adelman Fishlore VIP Member

I also leave it whole on a clip... mine also love zucchini, bell peppers, cucumber, peas (deshelled), and seaweed.